- Full Time
- Phoenix, Arizona
ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM:
Univision Arizona is seeking a dedicated and creative News Photographer and Editor to cover news events for our newscasts. If you can shoot images that speaks volume, can see beyond the lens and have a passion for storytelling, then we need you.
The ideal candidate possesses self-initiative to stay up to date with new and emerging technologies and methods. You have knowledge of video editing concepts, file transfer protocols, and you can work well in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Must be available for early morning shifts.
YOUR DAY-DAY: (aka Responsibilities)
· Shoot and edit daily news stories and special reports as assigned, with or without a reporter.
· Set up and operate LiveU streaming equipment.
· Edit materials to match script prepared by reporter or producer using on-location facilities or portable equipment.
· Work with reporters and make suggestions on how a story should be produced.
· Be able to drive, operate and handle all necessary news equipment.
· Keep assigned equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
· Minimum (2) years of experience as photographer/editor
· Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills, both written and oral
· Knowledge of editing software, such as Premier Pro and Avid
· Valid California Driver’s license with clean driving record, as driving a news vehicle daily to and from stories is an essential part of the daily routine.
· Must be able to make sound decisions while working under extreme deadlines and must have the ability to follow directions and incorporate constructive criticism into work results.
· Knowledge of digital and social media
· Must have the ability and flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to eight (8) hours.
Must be willing to work from the office in Sacramento, California.
Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
To apply for this job please visit univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.