- Full Time
- Flagstaff, AZ
Website Northern Arizona University
Job ID: 607189
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation’s preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
• This position is an on-site position which requires the incumbent to complete their work primarily at an NAU site, campus, or facility with or without accommodation. Opportunities for remote work are rare.
• Available to be on call 24/7 (on call will be rotated with Director of Operations).
• Must have a good driving record and be able to drive to our transmitter sites and other locations.
The position works with the engineering team (contract engineer and operations manager) to keep the KNAU’s radio stations, consisting of 13 transmitters throughout northern Arizona, on the air. The position is a critical part of maintaining a great broadcasting operation and the rare emergency.
The engineer keeps the radio stations and studios/control rooms sounding great and keeps the transmitters working effectively. Responsible for the testing and maintenance of both field production and studio production gear, including both electronic and non-electronic. Ensures that all the technical performance meets FCC standards.
The position may also provide engineering support to NAU TV Services including Master Control, Production Control and Live Productions.
Radio System Management – 65%
• Assures the quality of the audio signals originating from the studios/control rooms and the routing/transmission of these signals.
• Maintains, services, and maintenance of all equipment in radio studios, control rooms and/or editing suites.
• Carries out improvements and upgrades when directed, is responsible for the testing and maintenance of both field production and studio production gear, including both electronic and non-electronic.
Regulatory Compliance – 15%
• Works with contract engineer/operations manager to monitor the station to ensure that technical performance meets the standards of the Federal Communications Commission and Northern Arizona University.
• Maintains and certifies engineering logs and other records required by the FCC.
• Maintains property control files and records.
Technical Operations – 15%
• Assists with the technical aspects of transmitter/translator operations and SCA operations.
• Maintains liaison with NPR with regards to satellite and other network considerations.
Other – 5%
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The position works in the studios and at the transmitter sites. May be required to work at multiple sites or locations. May require work around high voltage equipment. Much of this work is done in an indoor location; some outdoor work will be involved. There may be extended periods of working at a computer. This position must be available for meetings, trainings, events, and operational emergencies outside of normal working hours. Must be able to lift 35 pounds regularly, sit and/or stand for long periods of time, bend and work in somewhat confined spaces. Must have good manual dexterity.
• Associate’s degree in a related engineering discipline.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Experience with audio routing systems is a plus.
• Audio mixing experience is a plus.
• Experience with radio automation systems, preferably AudioVault, Axia.
• Familiarity with NPR satellite distribution a plus.
• Experience in LAN infrastructure cabling is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Burk site monitoring is a plus.
• Practical knowledge of Windows servers and NAS drives preferred.
• Experience assembling custom computers is a plus.
• Familiarity with electronics, and electronic test instruments, such as voltmeters and oscilloscopes are a plus.
• Familiarity with electrical distribution systems, generators, and UPS systems is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Practical knowledge of ethernet routers and switches required.
• General computer literacy and practical knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with analog and digital audio infrastructure required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees’ right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/ is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $47,634 – $59,542. Annual salary commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to https://public.azregents.edu/Policy%20Manual/6-303%20Conditions%20of%20Service%20for%20Service%20Professionals.pdf. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU’s BCBS Plan). New employees are https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/ on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee’s start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of the pay period following election. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following election.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/ includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
May 18, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply” button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the “Submit” button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus – on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, http://DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4131013
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.