Multimedia Journalist (51496517_2)
December 28, 2023 by Comments Off on Multimedia Journalist (51496517_2)
- Full Time
- Tucson, Arizona
Telemundo Arizona seeks an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, outstanding writing and verbal communication skills, and on-camera reporting. Individuals must also know about INews, the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
· This individual will manage shooting, writing, and editing daily stories and gathering material to contribute to building the rundown.
· This person is responsible and must be able to independently set up, work, and manage live shots.
· File stories for our OTT (Over the Top) Platforms.
· Write, produce, and present fair and correct news and feature stories.
· Be well informed about news events locally and nationally.
· Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
· Investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.
· Gather information on newsworthy events and write, produce, and present fair, exact, and unbiased news stories as assigned.
· Handle providing on-air news in the studio and frequent field shoots.
· Draft stories, headlines, and news updates for television, online, and digital platforms.
· Write, produce, and present fair, accurate, and unbiased news stories as assigned through the creative use of the video camera and proficient lighting and editing skills.
· Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner.
· Responsible for presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts and outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
· Responsibilities also include keeping current on current events and news in our state.
· Helped producers set up sources, find and execute enterprise news investigations, and build a robust list of story ideas year-round, including long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition, and paper trails.
· Send a daily email to the assignment desk with at least three enterprise story proposals.
· Able to make phone calls to set up interviews. These calls may happen outside of regular working hours.
· Be able to work nights and weekends.
· Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
· Gather news information and prepare for the presentation on the newscast and all digital platforms.
· Multi-media journalists will be expected to take part in community and station events. From time to time, this person will also participate as emcee and Host as requested by the station.
· Able to respond quickly to breaking news and take direction from and interact with the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors, and production control room personnel.
· Maintain technical equipment to optimal operating conditions, including cameras and lighting gear.
· Minimum one year of experience shooting with HD Cam.
· Minimum one year of experience working with film or video lighting.
· Minimum two years of experience as a reporter in a Spanish top 50 broadcast television market.
· Flexibility concerning scheduling and assigned work shifts.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and the internet.
· Have an elevated level of motivation with a strong belief in creative ideas, plus the skills and confidence to express them.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Thorough understanding of the current broadcast and digital media landscape.
· Help the producer set up sources, find and execute enterprise news investigations, and build and keep a substantial list of story ideas.
· Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations.
· Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) requires both written and verbal.
· A prominent level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered at nbcunicareers.com
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
· Must have independent problem-solving & multi-tasking.
· Must be able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
· Must have an excellent driving record and active driver’s license.
· Must have solid Spanish writing & verbal skills.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
· Must be willing to work weekends with short notice; night and weekend work is frequent.
· Must be willing to work in Tucson, AZ.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
· Must be able to travel as required.
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain, and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced, and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.