- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
13 News is a Gray Television station and the CBS affiliate in Tucson, Arizona. We’re celebrating our 70th year in television! We are the best local television station in Southern Arizona and the #1 digital platform. We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in our local news, entertainment, information, and public service programming. We produce 62 hours of live, televised newscasts per week between KOLD and our shared services partner, KMSB Fox 11. If you’ve never been to Tucson, let us tell you all the things you’ll love: Plentiful sunshine, natural beauty, diverse culture, active lifestyles, great food, hundreds of miles of hiking trails, breathtaking views, unforgettable sunsets, challenging biking trails, community events, accessible natural locations for all ages… it would have been quicker for us to just say you’ll love it all.
Southern Arizona’s news leader is seeking a compelling anchor. Are you a born storyteller who loves to lead a team of both experienced and novice journalists? KOLD/KMSB has an immediate opening for an anchor/reporter to join our award-winning newsroom. This position requires exceptional news judgment, high work ethic, and a team-oriented approach to winning. Previous experience is required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/OTT platforms.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in investigative and research-driven journalism.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Work with the news director and newsroom leaders to produce day turns and/or promotable packages. It is also common for our anchors to field anchor breaking news and high-profile reports.
• Write copy for all platforms.
• Execute a daily digital plan tailored to your daily assignments and long-term projects. This includes posting to social media throughout your shift, identifying opportunities for live streaming on our website/CTV (streaming.) platforms/Facebook, getting breaking news, live and user-generated content into our newscasts.
• Understand our DMA and key target audiences.
• Be a self-starter who can develop sources, able to go beyond press releases, and enterprise content.
• Participate in daily editorial meetings.
• Minimum two years of newsroom experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field.
• The desire to win and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
• An established and responsible presence on digital platforms, including station website, social media and CTV
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style and broadcast writing.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgement, ethics and integrity.
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, meet deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during high-pressure breaking news moments.
• Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, and overnights as needed for breaking news and severe weather events.
• Experience with shooting and editing unique content.
• MVR check required.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references (provide reel/demo of work)
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KOLD-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.