Master Control/Newscast Director
February 20, 2023 by Comments Off on Master Control/Newscast Director
- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
Master Control/Newscast Directors are a hybrid role combining live newscast directing with automation and traditional master control duties which include monitoring KOLD/KSMB/KTTU broadcast signals, commercial playout, and FCC compliance.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– The successful candidate will direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for multiple television services.
– Candidate will be responsible for operating Ross Overdrive production video switcher to direct live news broadcasts and pre-produced content
– Candidate will operate master control switcher, NVerzion automation, VizRT graphics, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control
– Candidate should have the ability to effectively perform the following:
– Code and execute local live production with Ross Automation.
– Commercial and program ingesting/segmenting.
– Preference is given to someone with an understanding of FCC broadcast regulation
– Relevant work experience in broadcast helpful
– Successful candidate should be dependable, well organized, be able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work calmly under pressure, and meet deadlines
– Minimum 1 year of television production experience preferred
– Variable work schedule will include evenings, weekends and holidays
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now” , upload resume, cover letter, and references
KOLD/KSMB/KTTU-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Powered by UKG
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.