- Full Time
13 News is a Gray Television station and the CBS affiliate in Tucson, Arizona. We’re celebrating our 70th year in television! We are the best local television station in Southern Arizona and the #1 digital platform. We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in our local news, entertainment, information, and public service programming. We produce 62 hours of live, televised newscasts per week between KOLD and our shared services partner, KMSB Fox 11. If you’ve never been to Tucson, let us tell you all the things you’ll love: Plentiful sunshine, natural beauty, diverse culture, active lifestyles, great food, hundreds of miles of hiking trails, breathtaking views, unforgettable sunsets, challenging biking trails, community events, accessible natural locations for all ages… it would have been quicker for us to just say you’ll love it all.
Are you looking to expand your career with new responsibilities? Looking to lead from where you are? KOLD is looking for a weekend evening anchor. This person is a news hound who loves to keep our viewers informed and excited about all Tucson has to offer on the weekends. They are a go-to fill-in for our weekday evening anchors, and when they’re not leading our weekend evening team, they are reporting for our weekday evening shows on KOLD and KMSB. We’re looking for someone who lives for current events – who has excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for uncovering stories, not just covering them. If you want to learn and grow, we want to hear from you!
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Gather data and relevant information on local and national newsworthy events
• Anchor the weekend evening shows and lead our weekend team
• Pitch, create and present accurate, fair, unbiased news content as assigned
• Provide news and information across multiple platforms and to present content both inside KOLD studios and remotely
• Be visible in the community and make appearances in the local DMA
• Interact professionally and effectively with all internal KOLD employees and external organizations
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources to create exclusive local news content
• Stay current on both local and national news events
• File public records requests when necessary for enterprise/investigative stories
• Maintain all station gear including but not limited to cameras, cell phones, tablets, laptops, vehicles, and any other assigned gear
• Understand the editing process and all the technical aspects of Edius editing software
• Use creative graphic and production techniques to enhance multimedia visual and audio storytelling
• Work independently and use solid judgment on all stories, images, and sound that is used within a news story
• Work under pressure in a rapidly changing news environment
• Make decisions quickly and accurately while coping with stress, resulting from a variety of circumstances
• Work cross-functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
• Contribute to and potentially lead projects within the team to continue to make our newsroom a world-class operation
• Strong verbal/written communications skills and knowledge of AP Style required
• Ability to work well under pressure and well with a diverse group of people required
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities required
• Ability to balance the demands of both long and short-term projects while meeting daily deadlines required
• College degree in journalism preferred
• 1-2 years newsroom experience preferred
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and be on call required
• Willingness to live and work in Tucson, AZ and surrounding area required
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
KOLD/KMSB -TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.