Photojournalist – KTVK/KPHO – Yuma, AZ
January 9, 2024 by Comments Off on Photojournalist – KTVK/KPHO – Yuma, AZ
- Full Time
- Yuma, Arizona
Website Arizona's Family KTVK/KPHO
PHOTOJOURNALIST – KTVK/KPHO (Yuma)
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona’s Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than 1.5 million downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona. Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona’s Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
The successful candidate will live and work in Yuma, Arizona.
KPHO/KTVK is seeking a photojournalist who will live and work in Yuma, Arizona. This person will be responsible to shoot and edit video of various news events for all media platforms and initiatives, including broadcast, web, digital, and social.
This person is an experienced, compelling storyteller and seeks to provide the most accurate and engaging content to our consumers across all platforms, including text, video, and images on our website and social media platforms.
Please note – the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above
· High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism/Production, Communications, or equivalent experience preferred.
· Two years’ experience working as a news photojournalist with broadcast-level equipment in a television news environment preferred.
· Excellent videography and editing skills.
· Strong understanding of non-linear editing.
· Familiarity with various transmission methods preferred – microwave live trucks, LiveU backpacks (or similar technology), etc.
· Must be able to work accurately in a fast-paced, high-stress environment while consistently meeting deadlines.
· Must be able to work in various (sometimes extreme) outdoor climates.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
· Must be able to lift and carry all necessary gear (40-100 pounds).
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company policies, (will be verified as a condition of employment and checked regularly throughout employment).
· Must possess an understanding of current journalism standards.
· Strong technical and organizational skills.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Arizona’s Family KTVK 3 TV, KPHO CBS 5
5555 N 7th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85013
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.