Sports Marketing Manager – KTVK/KPHO
July 25, 2023 by Comments Off on Sports Marketing Manager – KTVK/KPHO
- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Arizona's Family KTVK/KPHO
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona’s Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week.
CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly-rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona which has more than one million downloads to date. But at the heart of it, all is our commitment to Arizona. Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona’s Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
Arizona’s Family is looking for a results-driven sports marketing manager to promote sports events, players, and teams through building relationships with popular brands for our television stations and new sports network.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Must have excellent knowledge and understanding of the sports industry and sports advertising and sponsorships
• Will secure sponsorships for various games and events throughout the year on the station’s channels and follow through to make sure objectives are met
• Develop and maintain excellent local advertiser and agency relationships; making sales calls both on your own and with Account Executives
• Possess emphatic levels of customer service with the goal to exceed client’s expectations
• Strong understanding of marketing with an emphasis on creating strategies that grow market share for local businesses
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions, and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
• Degree in sports marketing, communications, or related field preferred
• Prior experience in marketing or sports management; A minimum of three years experience in Sales Management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success
• Strong organizational, written, and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic, and self-motivated traits
• Ability to overcome objections
• Enjoys a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and auto insurance
• Candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational, and sales skills in addition to a proven track record of top performance
Qualified, interested applicants go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KTVK/KPHO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.