ASSIGNMENT EDITOR/DIGITAL PRODUCER – KTVK/KPHO
August 2, 2023 by Comments Off on ASSIGNMENT EDITOR/DIGITAL PRODUCER – KTVK/KPHO
- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Arizona's Family KTVK/KPHO
ASSIGNMENT EDITOR/DIGITAL PRODUCER – KTVK/KPHO
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docu-series and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than one million downloads to date.
This position will primarily be assigned assignment desk duties, but at times, you may be required to write, post, and edit stories on our multiple online platforms. You’ll be required to attend daily editorial meetings, research potential story tips from viewers, and pitch vetted story ideas. As Arizona’s largest Television newsroom, you’ll be handling multiple crew assignments, helicopter dispatch, breaking news gathering, listening to public safety radios, and monitoring any number of social media accounts for possible news.
We want a person that works well with others, is calm under pressure, and acts with urgency to get factual information to multiple groups in our newsroom. As a member of our digital team, you’ll also research, edit, and write online news content under tight deadlines, create unique content for all our digital platforms including OTT, plus monitor and create engaging content for our social media platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Attend daily editorial meetings and pitch story ideas for potential coverage.
· Coordinate with producers and news managers to assign reporters, photographers to daily stories.
· Conduct follow-ups on previous stories.
· Respond to potential breaking news with urgency, communicating updates with producers, field crews, news managers, and other stakeholders.
· Producing dynamic, conversational multimedia news stories in a fast-paced 24/7 newsroom environment for all platforms.
· Ability to quickly and calmly respond to high-stress events including breaking news, weather, and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates, and web stories with factual in-depth details as situations develop.
· Demonstrate leadership skills by working well with all workgroups in the newsroom. Be an accurate and knowledgeable source of information.
· Build relationships with outside sources including public information officers, subject experts, and community leaders.
· Finding ways to tell online stories with unique digital elements to enhance our audience’s experience across all digital platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content.
· Attention to detail, keeping all stories current, and willingness to improve and learn are imperative.
· Answer a high volume of phone calls, e-mails, and chats from viewers in a courteous and professional manner.
· 2-4 years experience on an Assignment Desk and/or producing news content for TV and/or digital platforms.
· An ability to effectively multitask and prioritize tasks to meet numerous deadlines throughout the day.
· BA or BS in Journalism/Communications/English or equivalent newsroom experience.
· A strong passion for being first, innovative storytelling, news gathering, and lifelong learning.
· Ability to have a flexible schedule for work shifts including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays, depending on department needs.
· Ability to meet short deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a can-do attitude is a MUST.
If you want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KTVK/KPHO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.