Multimedia Journalist / Traffic Reporter (R014975)
June 29, 2023 by Comments Off on Multimedia Journalist / Traffic Reporter (R014975)
- Full Time
- Phoenix, Arizona
The News Department at Univision Arizonas looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our team! The successful candidate should be proud of the commitment of serving our local community.
You will be responsible for Presenting traffic report in the morning shows. The candidate will be generating story ideas related to traffict, as well as making and maintaining contacts with community leaders, government officials, and local authorities. You will present reports in a clear, concise, objective manner; as well as present enterprising stories and sweeps series ideas. You are a team player with solid news judgment and must be a “one-person band” to complete a story from beginning to end. You must be able to work independently with the camera, write, edit own story, and interact with the viewers through all the Univision media platforms.
You will report to the News Director.
· Presents traffic reports with the anchor.
· Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report, and edit assigned stories daily and establish Live shots as needed.
· Post video, pictures and stories to website, Facebook, and other social media outlets under the direction of our Digital content producers.
· Maintain strong familiarity with local, state, and national news and events across our coverage area.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with coworkers, supervisors, and the community at large.
· Work independently while out in the field and under various weather elements.
· A bachelor’s degree is preferred (i.e., communications, journalism, television broadcasting).
· 1-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Excellent command of Spanish and English both written and verbal.
· Applicant must be able to use newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software).
· Knowledge of iNews, video editing (such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut), and file sharing systems preferred.
· High ethical and journalistic standards.
· Advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
· Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
· A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to (8) hours without restrictions.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TelevisaUnivision is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting Human Resources.
Please apply to: https://corporate.televisaunivision.com/careers/
For our company policy regarding the use of Social Media platforms, please select here for English, or here for Spanish.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.