Multimedia Journalist (Job #51248049_1)
July 13, 2023 by Comments Off on Multimedia Journalist (Job #51248049_1)
- Full Time
Telemundo Arizona is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills including on camera live reporting. Individual must also have knowledge of INews, Edius editing system, and camera operation.
· This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing, and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
· This person is responsible and must be able to set up, operate and manage live shots on its own.
· File stories to be used in out OTT Platforms.
· Write, produce, and present fair and accurate news stories, as well as feature stories.
· Maintain informed on news events locally and nationally.
· Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
· Investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.
· Gather information on newsworthy events and write, produce, and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned.
· Be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.
· Write stories headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
· Write, produce, and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned through the creative use of the video camera and proficient lighting and editing skills.
· Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner.
· Responsible for the presentation of breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
· Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
· Assist producer in establishing sources, finding, and executing enterprise news investigations, building, and maintaining strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, both long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition and paper trails.
· Send daily to the assignment desk an email with at least three-story proposals.
· Able to make phone calls to set up interviews. These calls may happen outside of regular working hours.
· Be able to work nights and weekends.
· Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
· Gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast and all digital platforms.
· Multi-Media Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station. activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
· Able to respond quickly to breaking news and take direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors, and production control room personnel.
· Maintain technical equipment including cameras and lighting gear to optimal operating conditions.
· Minimum 1 year of experience shooting with HD Cam.
· Minimum 1 year of experience working with film or video lighting.
· Minimum 2 years of experience as a reporter in a Spanish top 50 broadcast television market.
· Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and the internet.
· Possess a high level of motivation with a strong belief in creative ideas plus the skills and confidence to express them.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Thorough understanding of the current broadcast and digital media landscape.
· Assist producer in establishing sources, finding, and executing enterprise news investigations, building, and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
· Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations.
· Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
· A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
· Must have independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
· Must be able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
· Must have an excellent driving record and active driver’s license.
· Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard
· Must be willing to work weekends with short notice, night and weekend work is frequent.
· Must be willing to work in Phoenix, AZ.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
· Must be able to travel as required.
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain, and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced, and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.