- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
13 News in Tucson, AZ, seeks an experienced meteorologist to join our First Alert Weather team. The meteorologist will work closely with the Chief Meteorologist, news managers and producers to help execute our aggressive First Alert weather brand in daily newscasts, as well as during severe weather. We are searching for a dynamic, engaging meteorologist to join Tucson’s most accurate weather team. You’ll analyze raw scientific data, models, and other available and relevant information to create an accurate weather forecast for our viewing area encompassing all of Southern Arizona
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to)
• Create a compelling, conversational presentation of weather forecast for broadcast, streaming, digital, and social media audiences
• Identify and communicate the “weather story of the day” to a cross-platform audience
• Accurately forecast and track severe weather, including monsoon and tornadic activity
• Clearly communicate the weather information to editorial staff for planning purposes (short- and long-range)
• Conceptualize and create weather graphics and analyze data from a number of meteorological sources in order to communicate engaging weather forecasts
• Ensure all weather content leads the market and meets KOLD standards for integrity and production value
• Be available to work both in studio and in the field
• Take part in promotional activities and public appearances
• Operational radar experience and command of WSI MAX system preferred
• BS/BA in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science /Communications / Journalism or equivalent background. Seals of the National Weather Association and/or American Meteorological Society are preferred, but not necessary.
• Superior communication skills and the ability to ad-lib
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts, especially considering the nature of weather events
• A clean driving record, ability to drive in various weather conditions, and a valid driver’s license are requirements of this position.
• Must be willing to work in Tucson, AZ
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
KOLD-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.