HOST – “Your Life Arizona” (P/T) – KTVK/KPHO
July 27, 2023 by Comments Off on HOST – “Your Life Arizona” (P/T) – KTVK/KPHO
- Part Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Arizona's Family KTVK/KPHO
HOST – “Your Life Arizona” (P/T) – KTVK/KPHO
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona’s Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly-rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries, and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than one million downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona.
Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona’s Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
Arizona’s Family 3TV, CBS 5 is looking for a reporter/producer for our daily lifestyle program “Your Life Arizona.” This is a Part-Time position. This person will also host periodically on the show and be responsible for content shoots for both paid and non-paid segments. Must have the ability to produce and coordinate their own live and recorded remote segments for our morning lifestyle program, Your Life Arizona. This locally produced show airs Live Monday through Friday, with a taped show airing on Saturdays. We cover trending topics, current events, things to do, fashion, food, travel, lifestyle information, and more. We are looking for an experienced on-camera personality with an energetic presence on and off camera who will bring ideas and creativity to the team.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Report live on location, the ability to shoot, write, and edit content for show is preferred.
* Work with the producers in developing show segments and creating compelling lifestyle content.
* Produce content both on-air and behind the scenes.
* Assist producers with writing and booking of segments.
* Collect information, video, or photos at remote locations for post-production.
* Research show topics and develop questions for guests in coordination with show producers and executive producers.
* Ability to guide guests for in-studio or for segments during on-site tapings through the appearance process including research, pre-interviews, and live interviews.
* Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines.
* Work closely with the sales team on the execution of integrated sponsored content and pre-recorded sales content.
* Host sponsored content segments.
* Fill in as needed to Co-host daily live lifestyle show.
* Collect information, video or photos at remote locations for digital platforms.
* Attend daily show meetings (as needed).
* Participate in events, either station-sponsored or others to promote the show.
* Maintaining a social media presence and assisting with all lifestyle digital content.
* Must demonstrate strong ad-libbing and interviewing skills.
* Must be willing and able to participate in activities being featured in the program.
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team.
* Ideal candidate is highly organized and has time management skills.
* Must provide examples of recent work including on-air presentation.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to actively work with all departments.
* Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* A driver’s license and good driving record is required.
* Successful candidates will have a minimum of 2 years experience in anchoring or hosting live television and remote broadcasts.
* Bachelor’s degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KTVK/KPHO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
ray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.