- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Arizona's Family KTVK/KPHO
COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER – KTVK/KPHO
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona’s Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week.
CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than one million downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona.
Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona’s Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
Arizona’s Family is looking for a Community Relations Manager to manage and develop community initiatives that support and elevate the Arizona’s Family brand while working with the station’s sales department to build incremental revenue. The community relations manager will be charged with developing community content around community programs for TV and digital as well as be able to do live reports from various community events. This person will work in our marketing department but interface with community partners, our news department, Your Life Arizona team, and our sales team on a consistent basis. The ideal candidate would have experience in marketing, public relations, community relations, content creation and/or news reporting.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Develop, initiate, and implement results-driven community relations initiatives for our media properties with a fresh eye on innovation and opportunities for collaboration internally and externally to grow the impact and footprint of those programs.
* Identify, execute, and manage station community sponsorships with a focus on measurable outcomes and deliverables both for our media platforms and client/community partners.
* Working in the marketing department on the implementation of community relations initiatives to ensure campaigns are communicated and executed.
* Work directly with the News department on the implementation of community relations initiatives to ensure campaigns are communicated seamlessly on air including overseeing content development.
* Work with sales to coordinate communication with the sales department and clients while driving incremental revenue of community initiatives.
* Ability to be the spokesperson for community initiatives. Comfortable during newscasts or Your Life Arizona lifestyle show to go live or taped segments from events or initiatives on your own or as host with clients or spokespersons of community partners.
* Comfortable creating content, talking points, full screens, etc., for newscasts or segments in Your Life Arizona lifestyle show.
* Represent stations on community boards, committees, and events during and after standard work hours.
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team.
* Ideal candidate is highly organized and has time management skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to actively work with all departments.
* Leadership track recorder in project management, deadlines, prioritizing assignments, and managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Public relations and management experience.
* Excellent communication skills, ability to build relationships internally and externally.
* Writing skills.
* Good business judgment.
* Knowledge of the non-profit sector.
* Firm grasp of selling techniques and news standards.
* News reporting experience is a plus.
* Ability to plan, setup, attend and manage station-sponsored events outside our core work hours.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, and Instagram.
* Drivers license and good driving record is required.
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, news or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KPHO/KTVK-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.